Yale University is pleased to offer currently enrolled (at least half time) Graduate and Professional School students both a dental plan and a vision plan. Enrollment is optional and must be completed online.
- Enrollment Period: August 15th - September 15th
- Coverage Begins: October 1st
A brief summary of the coverage and cost for each plan can be found here.
Graduate Dental Plan
- No ID card is sent to you. Your member ID number is the UPI number that is also found on your Yale Student ID card. You can use this to make an online Delta Dental account where you can request an ID card if you so choose.
- There is a 12 month waiting period after starting coverage before filling coverage takes effect.
- Be sure to ask whether you are making an appointment with a PPO or Premium service provider when making appointments to avoid unanticipated fees. It is possible for two dentists working in the same practice to be members of different networks.
If you require assistance once you have enrolled in either the dental or vision plan, first contact Delta Dental at 1-800-452-9301 or Eyemed 1-866-299-1358 directly, as they will be able to answer most questions. Be sure to say that you are inquiring about the plan for Yale University Graduate and Professional School students.
If you have contacted Delta Dental or Eyemed and still have questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.